TP Link Smart Plug is an impressive switch that can be controlled by the Kasa App locally can remotely. By the help of this plug, the user can make their home smart. It allows the user to control all smart devices such as smart bulbs and smart plugs. The setup is easy and configured with the smart devices through the Kasa App. With the help of this switch, the user can see whether their connected devices are on or off. Moreover, the user can control their entire home through any iOS or Android device.
In this guide, we’ve gathered the necessary steps regarding how to connect my TP Link Smart Plug Switch to my home network. But before we proceed with the steps, have a look at the features and specification of TP link smart plug.
Features & Specifications of TP link smart plug
TP Link Smart Plug has made it easy for all users to schedule and take control over connected devices from a smartphone. Before connecting the switch to the home network, check out the features and specification of the smart plug.
- Control all devices through the free Kasa App from a smartphone
- Use voice commands with the smart plug and any Google Assistant, Alexa or Microsoft Cortana.
- Setup the smart plug to turn ON and OFF devices at random intervals while not being at home
- Make use of grouping to combine the smart plug with other Kasa Smart devices for seamless control with a single tap on the smartphone.
- The user can take control over their Kasa smart plug (switch ON or OFF automatically) while being at home or away with the Kasa smart app.
- It works with the Wi-Fi that the user already has in their home, no accessories are required.
- The user can check whether the connected devices are ON or OFF from anywhere for a peace of mind.
- Through the help of TP Link Smart Plug, user can create ON/OFF schedules, countdowns, timers or can set work around dawn and dusk.
Steps to connect Smart Plug Switch to Home Network
All users are suggested to follow the steps as entitled below to connect TP Link Smart Plug Switch to Home Network.
Before starting the procedure
- Download Kasa Smart from Google Play or App Store and then install it on the smartphone
- Make sure that the smartphone is connected with the home Wi-Fi network.
- Also, plug in the TP Link Smart Plug into a power socket.
Procedure to configure Smart Plug via Kasa App
- Firstly, open the Kasa App and then log in to the cloud account
- Note: If the user doesn’t have an account, then create an account. Then login to the Kasa app with the cloud account.
- After this, add a smart plug on Kasa app. To add a device, tap (+) and “Add a Device” and then click on the “Smart Plug.”
- Now follow the on-screen instruction on the Kasa app to turn on the home network.
- Carefully connect the phone with the Smart Plug Wi-Fi.
- Now connect the Smart Plug to the home network.
- Then provide a name to the smart plug.
- Now for this smart plug, customize an icon.
- After this, click on the Smart Plug icon, from there, the user can configure the advanced settings.
- Hit on the “Settings” to enter the interface of the “Device Settings.”
- Click on the “Name and Icon” to edit the name and icon of the smart plug
- Click on the “Device Info” to check the basic information of the smart plug
Once the TP Link Smart Plug gets configured via Kasa app, then the user can easily manage the connected devices.