Updating the firmware is essential for two main reasons: performance and security. To keep the network safe and fast, continue reading the steps regarding how to update the Firmware on the TP Link WiFi router.
The users are recommended to check the model and the hardware version before updating the TP-Link router firmware. At the backside of the device, the router model, along with the hardware version, is mentioned. So, turn the device and check the model number and the version of the router.
Along with this, users are advised to connect the system to the router with the Ethernet cable’s help to have a secure and stable connection. Now to upgrade the firmware, follow the steps provided below.
- Go to a web browser and then type www.tp-link.com.
- Then the official website will open on the screen.
- From there, click on the “Download Center” option available under the “Support” option.
- After this, select the router type and insert the model number of the TP Link WiFi Router.
- Now click on the router model number.
- Then from there, click on the “Firmware” option.
- Now check for the “Published Date” to get the latest version of the firmware.
- After this, carefully check the name of the firmware that has to be downloaded.
- Now make sure that the model name, region, and version match the label printed on the router.
- After this, click on the firmware name to download the file on the computer.
- Now type “192.168.1.1”, “192.168.0.1” or “http://tplinkwifi.net” in the web browser to access the login page of the tp-link
- After this, enter the “Username” and the “Password” and then click on the “Login” button.
- Then go to the “Advanced” > “System Tools” > “Firmware upgrade”.
- Now focus on the “Device Information” section. Ensure that the downloaded firmware matches the Hardware version.
- Now go to the “Local Upgrade” section and click on the “Browse” to find the downloaded new firmware file.
- After this, click on the “Upgrade” option.
- Wait for a while so that the upgrading and rebooting gets complete.
So, these were the easy and simple steps to upgrade the firmware on the TP Link WiFi Router. Therefore, by applying all these steps, the user can easily update the firmware. Make sure the wrong firmware can damage the router. If there is any user who fails to upgrade the firmware, they can get in touch with the professionals to assist.