TP Link setup
This is a guide for TP Link Setup. Here you will get a thorough, sequential, and clearly-defined process for setting up your TP-Link router as well as an extender.
Explained Procedure for TP-Link Router Setup
Below-given are the instructions to perform the router setup with the utmost ease. Following this process, you can enjoy an unproblematic and smooth experience.
Fulfill the pre-requirements of router setup
To perform the error-free TP Link router setup, you have to meet a few requirements. These requirements will help in making the setup process smooth and convenient. The following are the pre-requirements that you need to fulfill.
- Unpack your TP-Link Router and perform its basic setup.
- You must have a power cable of your router with you.
- A computing device is also needed for the TP Link setup.
- Access to a power outlet near the router setup location is a must.
Link your TP-Link router to the modem and power it on
Once you are done satisfying all the requirements, you have to form a connection between your modem and router. For this, you have to start with unplugging your modem from the power source. Then, with the help of an ethernet cable, connect your router and modem. Later to this, power on both the devices by plugging them in the electric outlet.
Build a solid connection between your Computing device and router
The next step of the TP Link setup is to connect your router to your computer system. There are two distinct methods that you can choose for binding the devices. These methods are Wired and Wireless. Among both, you are suggested to opt for the Wired method for better connectivity.
- For Wired connectivity, take the ethernet cable and affix it to both the devices.
- In the case of a wireless connection, you must know the default credentials that are printed on the base of the router. Then, using these credentials, connect your system to the router.
Perform a Quick web-based TP Link Setup
For web-based setup, you have to follow the given stated directions carefully.
- Move to your computer system and enter “tplinkwifi.net” in the web address bar. The TP Link setup window will come display.
- In the primary window, you have to create an administrative password. Enter it twice in the provided fields and click “Let’s get started”.
- In the next window, you will get the “Time Zone” tab. Make the preferred selection from the drop-down menu.
- Then, make the selection of your network type from the available options.
- After that, you will get to see the fields for wireless settings. Here, you can change the network SSID and password of your router.
- Make the changes and click “Next”.
- You have to then review the settings and connect your system with the wireless network using the updated credentials.
- Finally, click “Next” and the successful completion message will come up on your screen.
Get to Know the Process for TP-Link Wifi Extender Setup
Wifi Range Extenders are an additional device that users need to enjoy network connectivity all over the place. This device increases the network connectivity to a great extent. You can then enjoy an uninterrupted wireless connection. Setting up your Wifi extender is the first step to get the best network coverage. For the setup, you have to follow the given instructions.
- Take your wifi range extender and plug it in the power socket. The socket must be closer to your router.
- Then, turn it on and perform its factory reset for better performance. The reset button is placed on the bottom of the extender. As you turn on your extender, make sure its power lamp lights up.
- Next to this, link your extender to your computer system with any of the available methods i.e. wired or wireless.
- After that, on your system, run a secure web browser and enter “tplinkextender.net” in its web URL field.
- In the setup window, you have to choose the region, make the selection of the network that you need to extend and provide the password of the selected network. Along with this, you will also get an option to change the SSID of your extended network. Make all the selections and click “Next”.
- Finally, the process of the extender TP Link Extender Setup process will begin. You have to wait until you get to see the confirmation message on your screen.
- On the successful completion of the setup process, you can unplug the extender from the power socket and move it to its best location. You can make yourself aware of its ideal location with the help of the signal indicators.